Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Blog Post 2 example (a little long!)


For this post I chose an article I found here. titled "Man, 92, carded buying booze". In America, you need to be 21 in order to buy alcohol. ("Booze" is slang for "alcohol".) Often, when we buy alcohol, a salesclerk checks our ID card to see our age. This is is called "carding" someone. This article says that a salesclerk carded a 92-year old man! It was supposed to be a joke. The man said that he felt embarrassed, however. He said that he was leaving, and he insulted the store.

I chose this article because, to me, it is surprising. I would find the situation funny because a 92-year-old man is obviously old enough to buy alcohol! He doesn't look 21! In fact, when this happens to my mother or me, we feel flattered. I didn't realize the older man would feel hurt. Apparently, he didn't want to make other customers wait, and he felt insulted for his age. I should be careful when I laugh at things, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment