Tuesday, January 14, 2014

For Your Final Exam

The blog assignment is: Write a post about a news story. In the first paragraph, say what happened in the news story. In the second paragraph, say what the author's opinion is AND what your opinion is. Include a link to the article.

I chose to read the article http://news.yahoo.com/man-shot-dead-over-texting-dispute-florida-theater-010200912.html .
This article talks story in Florida. two men were at a movie theater.
One man shot the other man with a gun.
The man died his wife was hurt. The man shot the man because he was sending a text message to his daughter.
His daughter 3 years old.
The movie doesn't start yet. The man was a police officer.


I chose this article because guns are big issue in America. Many people disagree with gun laws in the United States, so it's controversial.
In some states, people can have a gun with them when they are in pubic places, like stores or movie theaters.
In Florida, if two people get in a fight, one person use gun to defend themselves, according to the law. However, the person with the gun has to be in danger.
Other articles said that maybe the law wouldn't work in this situation.

7 comments:

  1.  Actually I couldn't make sure what is the paragraph talking about. Here are some questions I couldn't understand. 1, Why the man shot to other man by a strange reason(Sending a text message to his 3 years old daughter?)? 2, How could a 3 years old girl read a text message? 3, The movie doesn't start yet?<- Is that related to this article or story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How dangerous it is! I cannot imagine if anyone put his gun on me or my friends. Why did the American government allowed people to have guns at the first?  : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this story was written about gun problems in United States. But there was no opinion of the author. In this story, I know that there were two men, but I don't know which man was a police officer. I don't understand paragraph 1 very much because it is not wrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't understood about this story clearly. Why the man shot the other man? This story made me really sad. I think America should think more and control gun laws.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry,i couldn't translate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Japan must't use guns. I was afraid of many people having guns in America. Why do many people have a gun?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought this story is very dangerous. But I didn't understand why was he sending a text message to his daughter.

    ReplyDelete